What You Can Do For Your Friend Who Is Struggling With Infertility
Infertility and its treatment both are sensitive areas and even all feel difficulty in getting open up with their infertility issues, but if your friend has shared his or her inability to conceive then your following advice can be invaluable for him or her.
Try to understand the feelings of a couple struggling with infertility
Infertility can be the journey of an emotional rollercoaster for any couple who is going through it. It is obvious that couples who are struggling for their baby feel sad, frustrated, anxious and even feel themselves as deprived of the best shower of god that is parenthood so you must try to understand the feelings of your friend means how your friend’s infertility has impacted his or her self-esteem. Sometimes infertility can bring the feeling of shame or guilt for the couples who are unable to conceive naturally.
How to communicate with your friend who is having difficulty in conceiving?
You can give big support to your friend or couple who is fighting with the infertility issue as you may ignite some positive hope and help them in getting out of the painful situation. As per the advice of expert counselors, your following advice may help to cope up with the situation in a better way
- Be open, frank and communicate with your friend to listen to his or her problem if they really want to discuss it with yours. You can make them comfortable while listening to them carefully and even try to give them some space if they want to raise or change the subject.
- You must understand their agony and pain from which they are going through so you should not make tactless remarks and try to speak with them but with wisdom.
- If your friend has opened up his feeling with you then you should not spread the news all around as infertility is the private concern so you must keep their feelings and issues confidential and should not betray their trust.
- You must help them to get involved in the activities that can distract their minds and hearts so that they could not become the victim of depressions due to their inability to conceive.
- You can try to share your experiences about infertility if you have faced and even can recommend you for the best medical help and assistance so that they can even also have their own baby.