What is Ovulation?
Ovulation is the process which happens only one time in every menstrual cycle. The level of hormone changes and it triggers the ovary to release an egg. When a sperm fertilizes an egg after that you are able to become pregnant. The process of ovulation usually takes 12 to 16 days before your next menstrual cycle. But for women are not able to ovulate which leads to the problem of infertility. To solve this problem there is infertility treatment available.
How To Find Your Most Fertile Days?
In your fertile days, there are high chances for you to get pregnant. It’s all about the timing. But it’s not always easy to pinpoint these days. On an average, you are able to conceive in six to eight months. There are some ways in which you can time your ovulation:
- Keep track of your periods: You should note if your menstrual cycle is regular or not. You should note the day when you get pregnant and it is counted as day one. Count each day until your next cycle. You should do this process for 3 to 4 months to check the regularity. The average cycle is 28 days longs and it can vary in length every month.
- Determine your ovulation days: Ovulation occurs 14 days before your next cycle arrives. You will get an idea of when to ovulate if you minus 14 days from the length of your menstrual cycle.
- Use an ovulation predictor kit: It is one of the most expensive ways of timing your ovulation. With the kit, you can measure the level of LH in your urine. If the LH levels are rising then it means your ovaries are about to release an egg.
- Changes in your cervical mucus: if the cervical mucus is clear, stretchy and egg white is consistency it means that the women are ovulating.
- Track your temperature: If you notice an increase in your body temperature you should keep track of it for a few months before you get out of bed.
What Are The Steps Involved In Ovulation?
- In the first phase of the menstrual cycle, one of the eggs is grown and matured.
- Once the process of ovulation starts, your body will produce hormones which are called estrogen. It helps to create a healthy sperm and the lining of your uterus also become thick.
- The LH hormones are one of the best ways to check how fertile you are.
- After the LH surge, the ovulation usually takes 24 to 36 hours.
- After ovulation, the eggs are not fertilized for 24 hours. If the egg is not fertilized the egg will get lost and your period begins.