Several women across the world are experiencing miscarriage due to several reasons. This is the most critical time of the pregnancy period, that turns your happiness in sadness or tears. In this condition, you must talk to the lady doctor for a check-up to get the information about the causes of miscarriage.
What is a miscarriage?
Miscarriage is explained as a heartbreaking loss of the pregnancy prior to the 20th week. Basically, ladies experience a miscarriage in the first trimester such as 12 or 13th week of pregnancy period. This is the most crucial time for a couple as everyone loves children and wants to have their own children. Well, this is too sad time which turns your happiness in tears.
Well, almost 20% of ladies are experiencing a miscarriage in the pregnancy period. Basically, most of the miscarriages happen when a lady does not know or realize that she is pregnant. In addition to this, miscarriage is usually experienced by old age women.
Who is at greater risk of miscarriages?
Age: As we stated above, women who are older than 40 are at greater risk of miscarriage. This only happens due to poor health conditions and certain medical conditions as well.
Previous miscarriages-: Women who had already experienced miscarriage previously are at greater risk of miscarriage.
Uterine or cervical problems-: Ladies with certain uterine or cervical problems usually experience a miscarriage. You must get help from gynae so that you can reduce the risk of miscarriage again and again.
Regular smokers and drinkers-: Women who are regular smokers and alcoholics will surely experience a miscarriage.
Causes of miscarriage
There are several causes of miscarriage such as-:
- Abnormal genes or chromosomes
- Uncontrolled diabetes
- Hormonal problems
- High blood pressure
- Thyroid disease
- Using illegal drugs
How to reduce the risk of miscarriage?
To reduce the risk of miscarriage, you need to understand what to do and what to avoid. You must follow all the instructions of a doctor because only she can guide you well.
- Routine exercise will increase your chances of a healthy pregnancy.
- Take folic acid.
- You must eat healthy and well-balanced meals.
- Get a healthy amount of sleep.
- Reduce stress
- Maintain a healthy weight, so that you can reduce the risk of miscarriage.
- Quit smoking and limit your consumption of alcohol.
- Get the right treatment for certain health conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, uterine problems, and thyroid disorders
- You must avoid illicit drugs.
- Make sure you take all the vaccinations on time.