Infertility and depression are interrelated terms, if you are suffering from them, then you need to cope up with both these conditions as soon as possible. Here, in this guide we are going to tell you what to do in the situation of infertility and depression.
Infertility is a common problem of both men and women, means they are unable to have their own baby even after many attempts. This is happened due to many factors such as hormonal changes, genetic reasons, cancer & cancer treatment, PCOS, and certain sexual problems in males. Infertility leads you to stress, low confidence, and embarrassment as well. In these conditions, you start blaming your partner for infertility, but this is not a time to blaming each other. However, you have to support your partner in this condition so that you both can cope up with this condition easily.
Moreover, depression and infertility have great relation, because almost everyone gets depressed during infertility condition. In order to lead a happy life, you need to cope up with depression. First of all, you understand the difference between depression and sadness.
Sadness vs. Depression
Sadness or stress means when you do not get your desired thing. This can be treated with some activities, and it will ultimately go away when you start spending time with your loved ones. Whereas, depression is too different from sadness and stress as well.
Depression has different ranges such as mild and major. There are some signs of depression such as -:
- Sadness that lasting for weeks or months
- Problems with eating, overeating or low appetite
- Feelings of hopelessness and helplessness
- Thoughts of suicide
- Often feeling irritated of others
- Sleeping too much or insomnia
- Lack of motivation, struggling to get things done at work or home
- Frequent crying
- Frequent feelings of anxiety
- A lack of interest in sex
How to deal with depression and infertility?
- First of all, you need to get help from a specialist, he will surely tell you what to do.
- You must consume a healthy diet, that gives you the strength to fight with health conditions.
- Try to spend time with your loved ones, go for shopping or picnic with your partner or friends.
- Exercise gives you the positive results, you must go for a walk at least 30 minutes a day.
- You must try meditation, practice yoga, and go with laughing therapies as well.