Infertility problem is becoming very common which means the women are not able to conceive naturally. In that case, the fertility treatment can help the patient to improve their chances to conceive. There are 2 options IVF and IUI. Read the given topic to know which option is better for you.
Most Common Fertility Treatment
Couple facing trouble getting pregnant might be wondering which option they should use or for which treatment they will be a candidate for. The most common treatment options which can help the couple to deal with fertility issues:
- IUI (Intrauterine Insemination): With IUI treatment, the sperm is placed directly into the uterus with the help of a speculum.
- IVF (In-Vitro-Fertilization): With IVF treatment, the egg and sperm are fertilized outside the body which helps in forming the embryo.
The success of both treatment options is going to depend on different factors like age, health, or some health-related issue. The doctor will help you determine which treatment option is going to suit you best.
What are the reasons for getting the IUI procedure?
- Couples dealing with infertility issues often start with IUI as it is less invasive. In IUI, the sperm is washed and then placed directly into the woman’s uterus when she is in her fertile window. It can be combined with a natural cycle or with a combination of medications.
- The sperm sample will have the motile and healthy sperm which can increase the chances of fertilizing the egg.
- It can be helpful for couples who are not able to conceive because of reasons like sexual dysfunction or travel schedule.
- During the treatment, medications are given which can increase the egg quantity and it increases the chances of having twins. Along with that, it does increase a certain type of complications.
What are the reasons for getting the IVF procedure?
- IUI can be best for couples who are dealing with unexplained infertility or ovulation issues. But, not the most suitable in every case.
- IVF is recommended in the following situations like:
- Blocked fallopian tubes
- Other Fertility treatments were not successful
- The concern of certain genetic issue
- Dealing with male infertility
- Your IVF doctor will make a customized treatment plan for you after diagnosing and evaluating your condition.
- Before the IVF procedure, at IVF centre pre-implantation genetic testing is done which is an advanced procedure. It helps in knowing if there is any concern regarding genetic issues or who have miscarriages in the past. With this, it can be identified which embryo is best to transfer.
Which treatment is best?
Every case is different, so the fertility doctor will do some tests which helps in determining what the problem is and according to that, the treatment plan will be made for you.