In the United States, the problem of infertility is increasing every year. One the main reason is that millennial’s in their fertility years are deciding not to have a child and some are delaying the process of childbirth. The reason for this is some wants to focus on their careers first, while others are loaded with student debt and they can’t afford children. So, most of the millennial are deciding to marry later for different reasons.
They are not willing to make any sacrifice in their career which will create a problem for them in the future. They decide to have a baby in their late 30s or 40s when they have successfully achieved something in their lives. But they don’t understand that having a baby after a certain age is not possible. The problem of infertility is more common after the age of 30. Not only the women face the problem but the problem of male infertility is also very common. Here what millennial’s need to know.
- Plan Early: If you decide to start a family then you should also plan in advance. It is better to get pregnant in your twenties because there are fewer chances of risk and the process also goes smoothly.
- Common for both men and women: The problem of infertility is common for both. When a couple decides to seek help because of infertility problem the doctor is going to ask questions to both. It’s not necessary that the problem of infertility is in case of women only.
- Take time: Many studies have shown that even a couple who is young and healthy there are only 20% chances for them to get pregnant. So, it’s normal that if you are trying for months but still there is no sign of getting pregnant.
- Egg Reserve: Egg reserve is one of the options for the millennial. Your doctor will ask you for a blood test. It is done on the third day of your menstrual cycle. It will help the women to know if she has the time or not to get pregnant.
- The benefit of IVF: The couple wait longer to start the family because of there career. The treatment of IVF is becoming popular and expensive because of the increase in demand. So, it’s not easy for everyone to afford the treatment. There are many companies who are offering there employee treatment packages and other financing options to lessen their burden.
- Lifestyle: The way you choose to live your life also makes a huge difference. The problem of infertility will be more if you smoke and drink daily. It makes your immune system weak and unhealthy.