Infertility is the common condition of both sexes, that is caused due to many factors. Infertility means the inability to have their own baby even after many attempts. In this case, you need to visit the IVF centre so that you can get the right treatment. Here, in this guide, you will learn how laparoscopy is useful for infertile couples.
What is laparoscopy?
Laparoscopy is specially designed for those who are suffering from pelvic or abdomen problems. This surgery is also well-known for infertile couples and this is a minimally invasive procedure that is done with the help of small incisions. In addition, laparoscopy is performed with the help of a laparoscope in order to look at the abdominal organs.
Well, there are millions of people who are suffering from infertility problem. This is not only the problem of women but also experienced by men. There are several causes of infertility such as-:
- Tubal diseases
- Ovulatory disorders
- Cervical or uterine factors
- Male factor infertility-: A low sperm count, poor sperm motility, and poor quality sperm.
In this condition, you need to go with fertility treatment so that you can enjoy the parenthood.
How laparoscopy is beneficial for infertile couples?
You may not know that Laparoscopy is a well-known procedure used to examine infertility. In this procedure, your doctor uses a laparoscope, which is a thin fiber-optic telescope. With the help of this laparoscopy, the doctor examines your abdomen in order to know whether there is any problem or not.
This treatment option is useful for those who are already getting other infertility treatment because this is valuable to examine the certain reproductive tract conditions such as-:
- Uterine fibroids-: Laparoscopy is used to examine the condition of Uterine Fibroids in a female. In addition to this, fibroids can cause distorted uterine cavity, and it is responsible for the shape change of the cervix. These conditions lead to miscarriage and other fertility problems.
- Ovarian cyst-: This is caused due to PCOS that is hormonal disorder in women. This PCOS condition leads them to irregular periods, due to the formation of cysts in the ovaries. Laparoscopy is useful to examine Ovaries, in order to check the cysts in the ovaries. So, that’s why laparoscopy is beneficial for infertile couples.
- Endometriosis-: This laparoscopy is useful to control the condition of endometriosis. This condition is also responsible for fertility problems, such as infertility.
Other structural abnormalities-: This laparoscopy is also useful to examine the tubal blockage condition, that is responsible for infertility in female.