This is a fact when you eat right your overall health is improved. It is important when you are planning to conceive. Well, if you think only women’s diet will make a difference in conception then it is not true. Men also need to focus on their diet and we are going to mention the essential food items.
Once you conceive, you are going to watch your diet for you & your baby. But when you are trying you need to make sure you and your partner are eating healthy. Well, there are various research done on this which has shown that when men eat healthy food it improves the chances of conception.
Keep in mind even if you are planning to undergo IVF then also your IVF doctor will give you a diet plan to improve the results. Make sure that you choose the best IVF centre to get a reliable treatment plan for your condition. Find out which food item should be added to your partner’s list and which ones need to be taken off.
Food which improves men fertility
- Fruits and vegetables
– No surprise why this needs to be added to your diet. Fruits and vegetables are rich in antioxidants which actually protect sperm from getting damaged and also improve their speed so that they can reach the fallopian tubes for fertilization.
– Sperm count and movement will drastically improve with the addition of Vitamin C and E. Vitamin E is found in nuts, vegetables, and seeds. Vitamin C is found in grapefruit, broccoli, orange juice, and tomatoes.
– Another option is folic acid as it reduces the sperm chromosomal abnormalities which are found in leafy greens, fruits, and beans.
– Well, there is a very good reason to add oysters in your diet as the zinc content is very high. Eating food item which is high in zinc have shown helpful in increasing sperm motility and semen volume.
– If your partner does not oysters then they can opt for beans, dairy, nuts, eggs, whole grains, and poultry.
Additionally, they can opt for a multivitamin which also helps in ensuring the sperms are healthy as they need to be.
- Pomegranate juice
Another option of antioxidants is pomegranate. The research has shown that drinking pomegranate juice has proved very helpful in boosting sperm quality.
- Pumpkin seeds
The pumpkin seeds contain a high amount of zinc which has proved very helpful in improving sperm quality, as well as omega-3 fatty acids, which have proved a very powerful effect on the sperm. You should include almonds, fatty fish, and flaxseed in your diet.
Apart from these, there are few things which should be discarded from your diet like junk food, alcohol, coffee, and fish with high mercury content (king mackerel, marlin, bigeye tuna, or swordfish.)