IVF and ICSI both techniques are valuable to treat infertility in both sexes. These are the types of Assisted reproductive techniques, that are specially designed to treat your reproductive problems. In order to get proper knowledge about both these treatments, you must read this article at the end.
IVF and ICSI both the ART techniques for infertility. ART means an assisted reproductive technique, which is useful to treat infertility in both sexes. In addition to this, these both are valuable to get rid of certain fertility problems such as-:
- Blocked Fallopian tubes.
- PCOS-: This is a hormonal disorder in women, that leads to irregular periods problem.
- Ovulation problems.
- Damage of reproductive organs due to cancer or cancer treatment.
- Genetic reasons
- Low sperm count in males.
- Poor sperm Motility.
These are the conditions lead to infertility in both sexes. In these conditions, you must visit the IVF centre for a check-up and IVF treatment as well. If your partner is suffering from fertility issues, then he may need to go through ICSI procedure, so that you can be a father. First of all, you need to understand the difference between IVF and ICSI treatment. Only after then, you must get these treatments to treat your fertility and reproductive problems.
Difference between IVF and ICSI treatment for infertility.
IVF treatment stands for In-Vitro Fertilization, that is specially designed for those couples who are suffering from below mentioned problems-:
- Low sperm count, that is known as Oligo –Zoospermia.
- Decreased sperm motility is called AsthenoZoospermia.
- Abnormal sperm morphology or Terato Zoppermia.
- For these conditions, you need to go through certain surgical sperm retrieval procedures such as TESA, PESA, TESE, and MESA.
- Females who are suffering from Tubal factor infertility include blockage of Fallopian tubes, absent tubes, Hydrosalpinx, and Tubal adhesions as well.
- Ovarian factors
- Immunological infertility
- Unexplained infertility
- Cervical factors
Steps of IVF Treatment:
- Stimulation of ovaries
- Egg and sperm retrieval
- Embryo transfer.
ICSI stands for IntraCytoplasmic Sperm Injection in which, your specialist directly injected the single sperm into the egg for fertilization.
Difference between IVF and ICSI infertility procedures.
- The ICSI technique requires very less number of sperms. Whereas IVF needs a greater number of sperms.
- In the IVF technique, there are 4 stages but in ICSI technique, your specialist directly injects the sperm cell into an egg or uterus for fertilization.
- ICSI technique is the best option male infertility treatment, whereas IVF is useful to treat infertility in both sexes.