Patients undergoing IVF treatment often wonder that will it improve their chances of conception. No doubt, the success rate of the clinic matters a lot as it tells that the fertility doctor is experienced and skilled. Read the given topic properly to understand the IVF clinic success rate.
A clinic success rate is the number of successful results according to the number of procedures performed which makes it easy to compare the clinics. But, it is not that simple. Comparing the data will make it easy for the patient to choose the best clinic. Ultimately, you need to know that in your age group what is the live birth rate at the IVF centre.
Number of patients in the clinic
It is essential to identify the pool of patients which is according to:
- Total patients who started the IVF cycle, which also include the patient who started stimulation medication.
- Total patients who undergone egg collection. But, it should not include people whose cycle got canceled because the medications did not prove beneficial to them.
- Total patients have undergone the embryo transfer. But, it does not include the canceled cycle or who did not go through embryo transfer because of no fertilization issue.
- In one cycle the number of embryo transferred which resulted in conception as it also helps in selecting the best embryo.
Making an informed decision is essential this is why comparing the clinic difference is very important. Getting the treatment of IVF India is going to benefit you in every way possible.
What is termed as success?
- Positive urine test, which identifies the pregnancy hormone following 12 to 14 days of embryo transfer.
- A blood test which measures checks the hormonal level after 12 to 14 days of embryo transfer.
- Live birth Rate
Important things to consider
Another thing is considering the data size and timescale. The clinic needs to have one year before they publish it. Some important things are:
- Is their data the most recent?
- Is the treatment done in one year or more?
- Are there a large number of patients?
In some cases, the age restriction can be one of the factors which are going to impact their data. Make sure while getting the treatment your IVF doctor is clearing all your doubts and giving you the treatment according to your condition.
What does this mean?
The clinic needs to provide the information on their website which includes:
- The success rate for the last 3 years.
- Per cycle the live birth rate
- Data should be according to maternal age
When you are getting the treatment it is important that you feel comfortable throughout the procedure. In case of any problem, you should freely ask our fertility specialist.