Infertility is the distressing issue that 5 among the 10 are facing. According to the world health organization, it’s the global health issue. IVF or In Vitro Fertilization is the new technology for the infertile couples. It is the lamp of light in the darkness of infertility. In this process, the egg is fertilized outside the female body. An artificial environment has been created to fertilize the egg. The embryo is placed back into the womb.
Suitable patients for the IVF Treatment are:
- Ladies with blocked fallopian tubes
- Men with low sperm count.
- Low-quality eggs
- Generation of less number of the eggs.
- Abnormal menstruation cycle.
What is assisted hatching?
When the egg is fertilized in the lab, the cells start to divide. In the starting stage, the embryo is concentrated in the layers of proteins called Zona Pellicuda. It is the new lab technique and it is used by the infertility experts when they observe embryo with thin zona pellucid had a greater rate of implantation during the IVF process. In this embryologist uses micromanipulation under a microscope to create a small hole in the zona pellucid. After the further process, the embryo has rinsed to remove any extra acids and placed it in the incubator for a few hours. After few hours, it is transferred to the uterus.
Assisted hatching is the medical treatment that is used as one part of the IVF process. This technique is helpful for increasing the chances of the successful pregnancy.
TYPES OF ASSISTED HATCHING?
- Laser-assisted hatching: Laser-assisted hatching is the new technique which is used to hatch the fertilized egg and attach to the uterus. It is the safer technique to weaken the part of the Zona pellucida.
- Mechanical assisted hatching: Mechanical assisted hatching only uses the one part of the zona pellucid.
WHO SHOULD USE THE ASSISTED HATCHING?
- This technique is suitable for the couples who have failed in IVF.
- This technique is suitable for the women above 38 years. It gives the ray of hope to them.
- Women with endometriosis can get the best results.
Will assisted hatching is helpful for increasing the IVF success rate?
This technique has been developed to help with IVF Success in poor Prognosis patients. This technique is successful with those women who had an elevated FSH level on the 3rd day of the menstrual cycle. Moreover, couples who are failed in the IVF cycle can take the benefit of this technique. Each and every infertility centre has its own success and failure rate. It depends on the experience of the embryologist. We rank as the best IVF Centre in India. Dr. Sumita Sofat IVF centre is renowned as best IVF Centre in Delhi.
Is Assisted hatching Safe or not?
- There may be chances of the complications with the assisted hatching.
- Cases related to damage of the embryo.
- Damage of the blast meters.
- There has been the increased risk of identical twins.