Polycystic Ovary syndrome is the common disorder of female in which ovaries get fail to release eggs so women have the imbalance of hormones and have irregular periods generally which lead to their infertility.
This syndrome can catch any women after puberty but causes for this disorder are not yet detected. There is no scientific evidence for the exact cause for this syndrome but one recent study was conducted and published with the title “cause of PCOS discovered at last.” They found that more than 80% of women who were having PCOS were obese however there is not any reverse being found but weight gain is the common factor in PCOS women.
Study for PCOS that conducted on Daughter Mice
In the research, women’s Anti-Mullerian Hormone that is AMH has been studied. This hormone is directly responsible for the release of eggs means higher AMH leads to the higher release of eggs.
In the study, it has been noticed that PCOS women have the higher level of AMH up 75 times higher than women without PCOS. However, during the study, no difference has been noticed in the level of AMH in obese PCOS pregnant women and obese pregnant women without PCOS. In the study, it has been expected that pregnant women with high level of AMH give PCOS to their daughters.
To give evidence for their assumption, researchers took the bunch of pregnant mice and injected them with the high level of AMH and tested their daughter to know about PCOS. From their study, they reached on the following facts
- In the study, it was found that only women with lean PCOS have elevated level of AMH. In their study, they concluded that females with lean PCOS have the higher level of PCOS and the majority of them were overweight.
- As n the study pregnant mice were injected with AMH then researchers found that daughter mice were having PCOS but not due to genes but due to the higher level of PCOS in their mother mice. The daughter mice were having the higher level of testosterone and disturbed menstrual cycles but did not gain weight.
- PCOS cannot be always due to genes or high level of AMH in mothers means it does not always happen that mother with the higher level of AMH during pregnancy and PCOS are responsible for PCOS in their daughters.
- In the study, it has been found that not all the women having high androgens from their puberty means if the mothers would give PCOS to daughters then surely daughter could have disturbed or irregular periods from the starting years of puberty but it does not happen in all the cases.
- The study was conducted on mice so at the end it was concluded that animals could have different symptoms, diseases, and drugs so study conducted was only mouse model it was not applicable for humans.
So the study could not reach one cause for the PCOS as it can be caused by many undefined causes. Proper medications and treatment options can reverse this syndrome up to great extent and even the procedures like IVF can help the PCOS women in getting pregnant.