What should you know about PCOS, its symptoms, facts and Treatment
PCOS known as Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is a hormone imbalance in female that is very common that one out of every ten women suffers from this problem. Even an 11 years old girl may also be attacked by this disorder. India has become the place with the highest count of diabetic patients in the world, now also has a large count of patients with PCOS syndrome.
- Irregular periods
- Problems in conceive
- Pain in pelvic organ
- Unwanted hairs on face and other body parts
- Weight gain or issues in controlling weight
- Dark patches on neck backside and other parts
- Hair loss
- PCOS is a complicated disorder that remains hidden
- A hormonal imbalance occurs by combining the increased androgen and serium insulin levels
- Hereditary and environmental factors and obesity make the condition more complicated
PCOS is a hard to treat and includes a multispecialty method. In overweight female the recommended treatment starts from improving the lifestyle. It is essential to maintain the weight in females suffering from PCOS syndrome irrespective of their present bodyweight. An improvement in lifestyle includes weight control by 5 to 10% that introduces significant medical advantages by enhancing the psychological results. Other issues such as infertility, acne, hair fall and hirsutism are treated adequately.
Although, there is no perfect medical treatment for PCOS disorder that completely treats the hormonal imbalance and cures the clinical features.
Advantages of PCOS treatment
- The short term results include treatment of amelioration of hirsutism, acne and irregular menstruation in a good environment
- Prolong benefits include elimination of sequelae of an ovulation and hyperinsulinemia
- Improves fertility and health condition as well as controlling the health complications caused by PCOS, eliminate the disorders related to metabolic syndrome as well as endometrial cancer.
What should you know about PCOS
- Polycystic ovaries are present in some women
In real, 1 out of 4 women at the fertility age has PCOS.
- Females suffering from PCOS have ovarian cysts
PCOS is a hormone type syndrome whilst ovarian cysts in females with PCOS, do not require to be available for the diagnosable syndrome. Eventually, the females with ovarian cysts may not have PCOS.
- PCOS affected females are obese.
PCOS and the insulin resistance can result into overweight and obesity however not all those females who have PCOS are overweight. Actually, hardly 40% of female with PCOS are called as Thin Cysters.
- Females with PCOS cannot get pregnant
PCOS can worsen the condition to conceive and make females unable to get pregnant however most of PCOS females succeed in conceiving with medicines and assisted fertilization.
- PCOS affects women who are over 30 years old
PCOS may occur in females at any age and country, it is not based on whether you had kids earlier or not. It can affect females at any age group from 8 to 65 years.
- PCOS can be treated
PCOS doesn’t have any cure however the condition can be controlled by improving lifestyle.