Infertility should always be handled carefully by fertility specialists in order to provide infertile couples an opportunity to decide the perfect treatment. It is performed by evaluating their first report and then it is the time for initial workup. The team works continuously to find methods and procedures to conduct the fertility procedure in a convenient manner by limiting the visit frequency and duration of stay of any patient to receive the fertility cure.
Couples suffering from infertility problems need to go through a couple of tests before the treatment begins. These tests are necessary as they are helpful in finding the reason of infertility in the couples such as if it is because of any sickness, disease and the perfect method for an individual couple. Here is how the initial workup is performed:
- Doctor asks questions to find the cause of infertility such as about medical, surgical and obstetric history
- Pelvic ultrasound is performed to determine any abnormalities in uterus, fallopian tubes and ovaries.
- Information about female’s capacity for sufficient ovarian stimulation with the help of medicine is collected
- Ovarian reserve is evaluated to assess the remaining egg supplied by woman. It is performed by blood test and ultrasound.
- Ovulation is assessed to determine if any problem with ovulation or ovarian syndrome
- Semen analysis is conducted, if sperms are defected, female testing can be modified and treatment is conducted immediately for sperm defects
- Blood tests are conducted to determine the adequate level of hormones such as testosterone, prolactin and others
- HSG is performed to evaluate the endometrial cavity of uterus as well as fallopian tubes
- Laparoscopy will be suggested in case of pelvic scars or endometriosis.