ICSI for successful Male infertility Treatment?
Before this century, men with poor sperm counts hardly have a hope of becoming father. ICSI has prevailed this problem that was found in 1992. Since then, many males have experienced parenthood.
ICSI steps are much similar to IVF procedure excluding the fertilization procedure. In IVF, one egg is combined with several thousand sperms among of which one sperm fertilizes the egg. But in ICSI, one egg is combined with one active sperm. This microscopic fertilization is performed with the help of a device named as Micromanipulator.
What is ICSI treatment?
An intracytoplasmic sperm injection is performed during IVF. This process is usually executed for couples who are experiencing infertility due to male factor and those who failed in IVF earlier. The procedure steps are:
a. A sperm sample is received from male’s semen by masturbation or it is surgically taken out from his testis.
b. Eggs are surgically taken out from female’s ovaries
c. A small hollow needle is used and a single sperm is carefully inserted into an egg.
d. After the placement, the fertilized egg is observed for growth.
e. A genuine growth is noticed, an embryo will be implanted into female’s uterus where it gets a chance to implant and mature
HOW ICSI Works or how its done?
ICSI process is executed with the help of a technique named as micromanipulation. This procedure includes use of a special microscope in addition of tiny surgical apparatus to choose and deal with single sperm that injected directly into an egg.
Who is the right candidate for ICSI treatment?
With the ICSI procedure, it is possible to increase success rates where male infertility becomes interrupts the IVF procedure. Males who are experiencing the following problems, should choose ICSI:
- No sperms are present in semen, the problem occurred due to blockage.
- Small count of sperms, inactive sperms or abnormal sperm shape and motion
- Sperms unable to enter the external layer of your egg or development of antisperm antibodies
Symptoms of MAle Infertility FOR ICSI
1. Males with lower count of sperm and poor quality sperms or high extent of irregular sperms.
2. Males suffering from azozoospermia, it is condition when semen doesn’t contain sperms.
However ICSI is performed on men even with normal
1. Higher pregnancy success rates
2. Infertility due to male factor can be treated
3. If a male had experienced vasectomy, ICSI is helpful in enabling you to conceive. The procedure is specifically significant, if a man has tried to receive a vasectomy reversal and failed.
4. ICSI is an advanced procedure for infertility treatments. It is a surprising act it has become possible to fertilize an egg with just single sperm and helping a couple to conceive a child.
1. Risk of eggs damage
2. Embryo may not grow after the fertilization
3. Few people think that ICSI procedure may cause genetic problems unlike to other fertility procedures. However the common birth defects related with ICSI can be surgically treated.
ICSI Treatment Cost
Additional cost of ICSI added in the IVF procedure is around $1500. ICSI is quite surprising that doctors have made wonderful breakthroughs with assisted reproductive technique fertility treatments. It is surprising that we now have the potential to fertilize an egg with just single sperm, enabling couples to become pregnant successfully.
Many IVF programs receive success about 70 to 85% after eggs injected with ICSI are fertilized. This fertilization rate is different from the pregnancy success rate. The pregnancy success rates are much higher with ICSI incorporated in In vitrofertilization as compare to IVF without ICSI. So there are more chances of getting pregnant.