Possible Female Infertility Causes and Diagnosis
Female infertility describes a situation when a woman cannot get pregnant after intercourse. It is a biological inability of a female who cannot carry a kid completely.
Factors affecting fertility in females
Age: A female’s fertility potential drops gradually after surpassing 30s. A woman of age 50 years old is less fertile than a man of 20 years old.
Smoking and Alcohol–Smoking widely reduces the infertility in both males and females. It is found as the major inhibitor to conceive. Even a pregnant woman is also at a risk of miscarriage due to smoking. Additional serious effect is created by alcohol. Alcohol reduces male fertile power. However its average use doesn’t affect the fertility significantly but it lowers the fertility in those with small sperms.
Fat – In the well developed countries, most of people suffer from obesity problems and bad lifestyle that causes female infertility. Even an obese male would also have abnormal sperm.
Extensive workout– A female who works out for more than 7 hours a week may suffer from ovulation issues.
No workout– A lazy lifestyle is also in few cases linked with reducing fertility in males as well as females
Chemical Exposure– Exposure to pesticides, metals and other chemicals is related with fertility issues in people
Anxiety and Stress–Problems in relationship and carrier create extensive anxiety and stress in people. Too much stress creates less interest in sexual intercourse that reduces the chance of getting pregnant.
Disease: like PCOS etc.
Infertility is a disorder that affects over seven million Americans. Reproductive specialists usually consider a couple unable to conceive in the following conditions who needs a treatment:
- A woman below 35 who has not get pregnant even after trying for over an year with regular intercourse
- A woman above 35 who could not conceive after 6 months of regular intercourse. In females who are over 35 there is a case of decreasing fertility that gradually lowers with the passing months. In such as medical treatment is essential.
The diagnostic tests taken include:
- Blood and urine tests to determine the hormone imbalance
- Cervix check
- Urine tests for LH surges
- Basal body temperature to determine the egg release from female’s ovaries
- Endometrial biopsy to determine the egg release as well as sufficient amount of progesterone in corpeus luteum
- Ultrasound to find fibroids and cysts in her uterus as well as ovaries
- Post – Coital analysis during fertile days of a women to determine the survival of male’s sperms in cervical mucous of female.
A Few Another Necessary Tests
Laparscopy– It is performed to determine ovarian or fallopian tube scars and endometriosis. In this test tiny incisions are made in pubic bone and navel and gas is supplied to enlarge the stomach.
Hysterosalpingogram– This test focuses on female’s fallopian tubes. A needle containing dye is inserted in female’s uterus. It also helps in finding the fertility problems such as fibroid tumors, improper structures and endometrial polyps. In few cases, the dye also clears the obstructions in fallopian tubes and offers fertility power back to the female.
Performing these series of tests is essential if a couple experience troubles in having a kid despite of trying for about 12 months. In such cases, to determine their infertility problems, doctors suggest these tests.